Wednesday, September 18, 2013

chapter 2

     When reading chapter 2 in Writing to Deadline, much of this chapter both reminded me of myself and how I write to deadline and also taught me better ways and techniques to write to deadline. For example, in the beginning of the chapter when he's asked, "How do you get the writing done?" and he says, "I have a deadline." That's how I feel, that no matter what it needs to get done. One thing I did learn when reading this chapter is Write Fast. "Fast writing also allows the writer to escape the censor that is always within us, and try to write what we do not expect." This is something I never thought of before and I found it very helpful and true. Over all I really enjoyed this chapter.

1 comment:

  1. Fast writing is great to get your thoughts down, and sometimes much of it is really good. But chances are that it needs revision, more material, more facts and supports. So write fast, get the story going, and then go back and reorganize, add material, delete material, and stay on point. It's always easier to work with words on the page than an empty screen.

    ReplyDelete