Monday, November 18, 2013

Together despite all, glimpsing the distant finish

Tonight, I was looking for a story to model my Day-in-the-life after. I know myself, though, and I know I won't read just any story. It has to be good. It has to be really good.

And "Together despite all" was amazing. It was phenomenal. It was more narrative than news. It had some short sentences to express the situation. The only thing I didn't like was how the author chose to say how they were feeling. And how did the author know what Marc's pain was like at night? Did she watch him sleep or try to explain it based on what she heard from him?

I don't think I can model my story after this one. For one thing, my story will not be quite like this. It will not be as serious. I'm going to be talking about cow poop for crying out loud! (Is that the expression?) But out of all the stories I've read, that's one of the most memorable news stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment